- Verizon Wireless, announced in December 2014, is now deploying SpiderCloud in a number of their markets.
- Cisco and SpiderCloud formed an OEM/Collaboration Partnership. Together, we developed a scalable 3G/LTE small cell module (USC 8718) that plugs into Cisco 3600/3700 Wi-Fi Access Points.
- America Movil’s Mexican operating company, Telcel, announced the deployment of SpiderCloud for business, education, and government markets in Mexico.
- SpiderCloud Wins the “Leading Lights” Award for “Best Deal Maker” and was nominated for “Company of the Year (private)”.
- SpiderCloud and Cisco win an LTE North America Award. Category: Innovation in HetNet Development
- SpiderCloud Wins a Small Cell Forum Small Cell Industry Award for Excellence in commercial deployment (Enterprise): SpiderCloud Wireless and Vodafone UK Sure Signal Premium with SpiderCloud E-RAN
- SpiderCloud & Intel Win a Telecoms.com Award, Category: Pushing the Mobile Limits, Edge Cloud NFV Applications
Looking forward, 2016 will continue trends we see now for scaling, virtualization, and the blurring of lines between enterprise and telecom.
TRENDS TO WATCH
- Mobile Edge Computing – the European Telecommunications Standards Institute MEC initiative is creating an environment for software developers to create Apps and services that will run at the edge of the Telecom network in any hardware. This is a necessary evolution for our 5G future.
- Unlicensed Spectrum – Mobile operators have an opportunity to supplement their licensed spectrum with unlicensed, without making any change to their core network infrastructure.
- Enterprise Technology Acquisition – release of Cisco USC 8718 module for Wi-Fi and right-to-use agreements for spectrum begin to open markets for traditional enterprise systems integrators to sell cellular infrastructure to enterprise buyers.